Friday, April 29, 2011

Deployment: It is what it is.

I have become complacent. It's been over a 100 days since my husband deployed and even more since I last held him in my arms, but I hurt a lot less. I'm not numb. I'm just done feeling overwhelmed by it. I sometimes forget how it feels to be with him. It's been so long. I give props to army wives, who can go as long as a year without their loves. It's one of those instants that I'm happy my husband joined the navy and not another branch. It would just be too long. Though being in the middle of the ocean makes video chat on Skype non existent. I did get to have one long video chat a couple weeks back when they were in port. It was wonderful to see his face. He calls me every couple of weeks too. Which is nice. Though half the time it feels like all we do is argue over money or there's not a lot to talk about in general. There's no strain on our marriage. The time difference means I'm talking to my husband at 2 in the morning, his time, when he's been working 18 hour days. So he's kinda cranky or so tired he doesn't think about what he says and I get annoyed. It would just be nice for it to be over.  i would like it to be a year from now. So I wouldn't have to worry about moving again and whether or not I have to deal with another deployment. Alas, it is what it is and I have to deal.

1 comment: