Saturday, March 19, 2011

Life; Credit where credit is due.

Do you ever feel like some people forgot you grew up? You've been living this pretty awesome life for sometime now and hell, you're happy.  Granted yeah. Deployment sucks and yeah. You miss your husband so bad sometimes everything makes your heart ache, but its worth it. Raising a kid pretty much on your own isn't fun, but it's a choice you made when you said I do. . Sometimes I feel like the family I don't see very often, because I grew up, moved, got married and started a family, still treat me like I'm 16. Granted they haven't spent that much time with me since I was that age, but I'm not 16 anymore.  I'm 25.  That's 9 years of lessons very much learned and to be honest my marriage is stronger and a hell of a lot happier then most people I know.  I don't rub that fact in to anyone that I know, because a lot of them are having problems whether they admit it or not.  I'm not the kind of person that says "Well, Na Na Na Na!" or "Maybe you should work on that"  It's not my place. The condescending tones and glances that I some times  are get frustrating and annoying.  Now. I'm not saying that I know everything. Far from it, but I've done extremely well for myself and give credit where credit is due. I'm not perfect. No one is. I just ask that you treat me like an adult. I can read, write, tie my own shoes, legally drink, vote and wipe my own ass. I've raised a healthy and happy toddler so far. I do my own fiances well and have a decent sized nest egg. I'm planning for more children and my marriage was built upon rock. I've made tons of horrid mistakes, but I've claimed everyone. I've learned how to love wholeheartedly and wean myself from hate. I think that deserves a little credit. I don't want a medal or verbal recognition. Just to be treated like I know what's best for me and mine. No second guessing or conversation behind my back about what I'm doing wrong. I've made it pretty dam far on my own and the future looks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment