Monday, January 10, 2011

Striking down the terrible twos: Routine

Since moving and re adjusting to how life is gonna be this current chunk of time until after deployment. I have lost any and all routine to my day and it's taking a toll on H. I need to kick ass and make up a routine. I was reading up on sleep for toddlers, because H has been a handful and a half lately in this department. A bed time routine can help and I have to start trying to put him to sleep around the same time each time. Back before we moved. H would fall asleep on the couch watching my either do something on the computer or to a movie. Plus we had a tv in the bedroom that i used to keep a movie in the DVD player on all night mainly to help me to sleep. I do better with light noise and light. Also because my husband is never home. H sleeps next to me. I've done co sleeping since he was little. I know some people don't like it, but H never slept well in his crib and when breastfeeding a new born. It was just a lot easier. I hated having him in another room. I know some people worry about suffocating their kid, but I never once had a problem  I'd lay on my side and not move an inch all night and now that H moves a lot in his sleep. I move with him. I usually end up moon shaped against the wall.  I want to get him a normal twin bed with rails. I think toddler beds are stupid.  I know sooner or later as he gets older he's gonna wanna be a big boy and sleep in this own bed.  lol So tonight I'm gonna bath him, brush his teeth and read to him,  I used to try to read to him, but he'd always take the book away and rip pages or get angry at it for not turning the pages enough.  I sing to him and  he'll get mad. because he knows I'm trying to get him to sleep. He's a little to smart for his own good.  Always has been and I always joke about wanting a dumb kid, but hid dads pretty book smart, so I'm not surprised. I also am going to trying getting him back to a stable nap time each day. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

1 comment: