Monday, December 27, 2010

Day one?

I dropped my husband off at the bus station this after noon to catch a flight back to VA.  I don't know whether  to call today my first day of separation or tomorrow, but i think I'm the only one that cares. So highlights of it all are...
1. Pit in stomach. I felt like I had over eaten though I hadn't as i drove away from the station.
2. Sadness. I randomly cried as I tried to keep it together enough to drive the 30 minutes home.
3. Acceptance. Upon making it home and trudging myself and H up the stairs.
4. Relief. Why? It was over . The horrible dread that he was leaving for a good chunk of time was gone.
I came to accept it a bit ago. I didn't have to like it, but I could deal. Now I just want time to go smoothly. I promised daily pictures and emails. So between that, H and kicking my butt into shape( other then round), I think I will keep busy.

2 comments:

  1. I think the worst part is the days leading up to them leaving. I cry on a daily basis. I almost just want the day to come so I can get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I try my hardest to just not think about it. On the bright side for you. Vincent is young enough that he won't have attachment issues. Granted David might feel bad that he's missing milestones and such. I think it's harder on us as parents, but luckily the tech advancements of today make it easier for us.

    ReplyDelete